VOLUNTEER and SUPPORT PERRY PUMAS FOOTBALL
Are you looking for ways to get involved with Pumas Football?
Parent volunteers donate countless hours of their time each year to serve the many needs of the Pumas Football program. It is a great way to show your player and Perry High School Athletics that you are committed to their success!
We have all sorts of volunteering activities and we want YOU. No experience necessary! We appreciate all skill sets and schedules.
Our volunteers help us in many ways and for many different reasons:
- To meet the needs of Pumas Football: to serve
- To be part of the Pumas Football experience: to belong
- To get to know other parents: to connect
- To share one's talents: to be valued
To get started, read the activity descriptions below and then visit our Volunteer Sign-Ups page and find an area to serve and fits into your schedule. Make a commitment to support the team and you will realize many other benefits along the way.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VOLUNTEER SIGN UPS PAGE:
1. Sign In Credentials: If you do not already, have these you can write to your Parent Coordinator (see below) or TDClub@phsfb.com for easy instructions.
2. Volunteer Sign Up: Click the "Volunteer" tab and select "2019 Volunteer Sign Ups"
3. Volunteer Opportunities are listed with the appropriate team and game
Teams Listed: Varsity, Juniors, JV, Freshman-A, Freshman B
Opportunities: Pre-Game Meal Team, Photographer, Announcer & Spotter, Chain Crew, Puma Wear Sales, Tunnel Crew (Varsity only) Note: Some opportunities exist only for Home games while others are for all games.
4. Filter***** (Make it Easy!!): On the schedule of Volunteer Opportunities, there is a "filter" to click in the upper righthand corner. Once clicked, you can enter key words to narrow the list;
You can use the team name above as a keyword. For instance, if you only want to see all Varsity opportunities, enter "Varsity" and all other opportunities will disappear. Same for any other team as long as you use the proper keyword.
Likewise, you can filter by type of opportunity. Select "Photographer" and all of those opportunities will appear.
Finally, use both a Team Name and Type of Opportunity to filter the list. For example, enter "JV" and "Puma Wear Sales" for those opportunities.
5. Select Volunteer Opportunities: When you select an opportunity, you will see the total number of volunteers needed as well as the names of others who have already volunteered.
The Touchdown Club thanks you .... GO PUMAS !!!
Volunteer activities for 2019 Pumas Football:
If you have any questions on the activities below, contact your team's Parent Coordinator listed below:
- VARSITY: Amy Scott - email@example.com
- JV: Becky Swan -
Game Photography: We need parents who have action photography skills and are interested in obtaining a press pass for on-field game photography. Your best photos are often featured on the Pumas Football website (www.phsfb.com) and available for players and parents to share and download at NO COST on our photo sharing website. Share your talent! Photo credit is provided on Social Media and during games.
Game Announcing: For each HOME game, we need two parent volunteers for JV and Freshman home games. One parent does the announcing and one parent does the jersey calling. This is FUN, you get to sit in the air-conditioned press box with a great view of the game action.
Training is provided by experienced announcers for your first game.
Pre-Game Meal Serving: This is fun! Help set up and serve the pre-game meal to your son's team. On game day, you will meet at the Cafeteria at 2:00 pm to help unload the car full of food donated by a local restaurant (sponsor) and serving supplies. Then you will help serve the food to players all dressed up in their game day attire. Afterwards, you will "coach" the players to help clean up their table. Then tear down and go home. You should be done no later than 3:15 pm.
Puma Wear: For each home game, we sell Puma Wear. Proceeds go to help fund the Football program needs.
Volunteers are needed to sell at games where your player is not playing. For instance:
- Varsity parents sell at a JV or Freshman game
- JV parents sell at a Varsity or Freshman game
- Freshman parents sell at a Varsity or JV game.
This way you never miss YOUR player's game. PLEASE ARRIVE 30 MINUTES BEFORE GAME KICK OFF
Contact: Jill Ford (Puma Wear Lead),